Our Halloween wasn't especially spectacular this year but I think the kids still had fun. Sometimes it's good to be reminded that you don't need to have a Martha Stewart holiday in order for it to seem like one to the kids.
The farm where Bean goes to preschool had a big festival one Saturday. It happened to be a Saturday that S was working, so I loaded up the kiddos and went to brave the crowds. I say crowds lightly. It was packed. Right away Bean found Ariel. Remember how Bean is totally a Disney princess kid right now? Needless to say she was ecstatic! She talked about it for days.
There was also a maze and a petting zoo. Bean had received a punch card since she is a student there but all of the lines for the paid activities were ridiculously long so we used her punch card to buy some produce at the farmer's market instead. I know; I am such an exciting mom.
That same evening was our town's Halloween party so once again I packed up the two kiddos and off we went. There were a lot of people at this event too, but luckily it felt a little more organized. Plus the majority of it was indoors. Bean played a bunch of games and received fistfuls of candy. Just like a Halloween party should be!
Bean picked out her Halloween costume herself again this year. With her current obsession of princesses you would think she would have been a Disney princess for Halloween, but no. Bean picked out her costume last August at which time she was currently obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So Bean dressed up as Captain Hook and Boy dressed up as Smee. I thought she would change her mind but that is one thing I love/drives me crazy about Bean is that once she puts her mind up to something, it rarely changes.
Bean had dance and alpha-betters story-time on Halloween so I got the kiddos dressed up first thing in the morning. I had envisioned a cute picture of the two of them on our porch with our pumpkins, but the sun was too bright...
...so we moved inside but then Bean's hat kept falling off...
...and then Boy just plain got tired of having his on.
But you get the idea.
I had to work this Halloween which was okay. S always takes the kids trick-or-treating so the only thing I missed out on that evening was handing out candy. At work we might all be adults but that doesn't mean we don't still dress up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I LOOOOVE Bean's costume and Boy's!! SOOOO CUTE! And I love that she follows through!! haha Nothing like my kids ;)
Post a Comment