Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Week of Christmas!


I don't know how many of you had to watch the First Presidency's Devotional earlier this month, but I was so drawn to Sis. Wixom's talk (you can read it here.)  It was exactly what I needed to hear!  Sometimes I find myself getting so frustrated with my children and caught up in the day to day.  If you are a parent of small children you probably feel the same way too!  It is especially easy to have this happen during a busy Christmas season.  Sister Wixom said, "We miss something if we don't see Christmas through a child's eyes."  I've really taken this to heart this year.  Christmas is exciting!!  I still remember nervously pacing in the hallway early in the morning until I was given the go-ahead to run out into our living room and see what Santa had left me!  I've found myself feeling that same nervous, anxious excitement this year too!

The best Christmas memories I've had thus far this year are driving around with the kiddos to see the lights, watching Christmas shows on Netflix, eating warm Julekage--right out of the oven, watching Boy discover the excitement of opening up his and Bean's Advent presents every morning (even if Boy is still more interested in the paper than the present itself!)  I have truly felt the Spirit of Christmas this year, and I hope that you have as well!

No comments: