Sunday, December 8, 2013

November

At the beginning of the month I celebrated my 32nd birthday.  I have now officially reached the age where birthdays are just another number.  But the day itself was very nice.  S bought me flowers and took the kids while I went into my craft cave.


That night was the traditional birthday dinner and flowery pink cake for dessert.  Yum.


Early in November we got our first real good snowstorm of the year and I promised Bean that we could go out after lunch.  She loved it.


Boy did not.


Bean had a Thanksgiving party at preschool.  They definitely know how to throw a party.  I told her that they would probably be having a Christmas party at school by the end of the month and she was so excited that she was going to be able to have more treats.  Welcome to the best part of school, Bean.


I had my last Thanksgiving meal at work (hopefully ever.)  For being cafeteria food, it was pretty good.  And I ate pretty much all of it so that I was genuinely stuffed by the time it was time for our family Thanksgiving dinner.  Oops.


The extent of my Black Friday shopping was an online purchase (a Silhouette die-cutting machine.  I am very excited) and going out in the morning to buy our Christmas Tree.  The weather was perfect.  I would have taken more pictures but my phone stopped working.


The last day of the month was perhaps the best.  Aunt B and W got married!  W has been staying with us up until the wedding and it's been fun to have him around.  Our house is going to seem a little empty now, but I am so happy for these two.  They are excellent people!


Boy wasn't feeling good so I dropped him off at my mom's early in the evening.  Bean, however, was more than willing to stay and party.  She learned that evening just how excellent of dancers her parents are.  (Who cares if I am the only person who thinks 'the Carlton' is still a trendy dance...)


No comments: