Sunday, February 23, 2014

Once There Was A Snowman

I'm blogging about this on a day where it is nearly 60 and hardly a cloud in the sky.  It's hard to believe that these pictures were taken only a few short weeks ago.

We've had some decent snowstorms this winter but not snowman-building snow.  It has to be just the right consistency: not too dense and heavy to move but not so powdery that it falls apart.  FINALLY the conditions were right and S and Bean headed out just before dinner.




 I had Boy trying to get out the door and I was trying to get dinner on the table, so these pictures are as close as I got that night.  But a little later in the week I took Bean out so we could get some pictures of her and her snowman before he melted.


We read the Snowmen at Night books so Bean was convinced that her snowman was going off somewhere and partying all night while we slept.  Every morning she was so excited when she would look out the window to see that he had come back.  She talked about it all of the time.

She took him melting away better than I thought she would...

No comments: