Sunday, May 11, 2014

S's birthday (also known as how I failed)

(Okay, I know the title is a bit dramatic, but an explanation is coming, I promise.)

For S's birthday this year, we started the day off with ultimate excitement--grocery shopping.  I know, I know...  But it was actually so nice to have him there to keep Boy entertained!  The reason for cramming it in the morning was so that he and I could drop off the kids at grandma's house and go to a movie and dinner!

Before that, though, Bean was beyond excited to give S a present this year, and for good reason.  She was giving him an awesome Crayola Cinderella color wonder book which she told me was "just what he wanted!"


Boy was pretty excited to give him a present, too.  'Disney's Planes' duplo blocks.  I think we might need to address gift giving with our kids in the next few years...


Bean and S wasted no time breaking into his new coloring book...


...nor did Boy waste any time building masterpieces with daddy's new blocks.


Like I mentioned, we dropped the kids off early in the afternoon and S and I went and saw the new Captain America movie.  I love all of the Avengers movies, by the way.  And I'm not really all that familiar with the back-stories or the comic books, I just thing they are great movies--and this one didn't disappoint, either!  We've been trying this thing where we eat out at more new places, especially local ethnic cuisine.  But S ultimately decided on one of his favorite Mexican restaurants.  It was a great day!

Now on to how I failed.

I had asked S a few weeks earlier what kind of cake he would like me to make for his birthday.  He picked chocolate/chocolate frosting.  I was all set to make it that day (I had worked the night prior) but when we decided to go out instead, I was left with no other alternative than to make his birthday cake at a later date.  Which I did, and it was still delicious.  But sweet S made every effort possible to tell everyone possible that I hadn't even made him a cake for his birthday.  Next year, I am making 3 cakes for his birthday on his birthday ;)

1 comment:

Hallcasa22 said...

I am pretty sure I've done that too (no cake or presents) to Alan. Although, that makes it that much more imperative to have the servers embarrass him for a couple of minutes with serenading. ;) although....in our cases, I bet that would backfire on us somehow. ;)