S's parents own a timeshare up at the East Canyon Resort, just north of Park City. He used to go up there as a kid all of the time and I went with him several times while we were dating (we even went there for our Honeymoon) but it has been a really long time since we've been back. In fact, a lot of the grandkids had never been up there. So this year S's parents decided to reserve two condos and invited the kids and their families to come up. It was only for 2 days, but those 2 days were so jam-packed full of fun. I know my kiddos had a blast and I hope we do it again next year!
They have this really great fishing pond on their property that is stocked full of fish. Best part is it's only for kids. Our crew went up, set up the camping chairs, and started catching fish almost immediately!
Bean loved catching fish. A girl after my own heart. She even named them. (Thankfully she wasn't too traumatized when we told her we were going to eat them later on.)
Boy and I spent a lot of time just walking around, but then we found the kid pole and he joined the rest of the fishermen.
While he didn't catch any fish on the practice pole, daddy helped him catch a fish later on using a real pole! This little guy was a catch-and-release: I think at that point we had more fish than we knew what to do with. I love this picture.
We went back to the condos and S's dad cooked up all of those fish for lunch. They were delicious!
Bean was so excited about fishing that she went back to the condo and drew a picture of her fish.
Later that day, we were lucky to have S's mom offer to stay behind with Boy while he napped. The rest of us went to East Canyon reservoir. S's dad brought their canoe. Bean had a lot of fun riding around with her daddy and grandpa.
S's brother brought their jet skis. Not only was it Bean's first time on one, it was S's and mine too. They were alot of fun!
In the evenings we all ate outside. Boy loves watermelon as much as his daddy does!
They even have a miniature golf course there. The kids must have played two or three rounds. Boy just had fun dropping the balls into the hole.
This was the first of many trips that we have planned for the summer. It was a great way to start off summer vacation!











1 comment:
I wish we could have gone! Looks like you all had a ton of fun!! love the pic of dad and the kids--except you can't see dad!! haha Way to go Bean for the fish drawing and catching!! Kason would be SO JEALOUS about this! He's been begging for months now. Breaks my heart, I can't just take him!!
Post a Comment