Sunday, May 10, 2015

Easter 2015

Our Easter celebration wasn't much different than the past few years have been.  For some reason I was once again fairly busy the week leading up to Easter, so I put Bean in charge of dying the eggs again.  She did such a good job!  (And if you ask me, I think she prefers to do it by herself!)



S and I were actually both home the day before Easter, so we were able to take the kids to our town's Easter egg hunt again.  I am so grateful when he is there.  Bean and Boy are still just little enough that it really helps having one parent per kid.  Boy was so focused on one piece of candy that he picked up that he wasn't too interested in gathering a bunch more at first.  I finally coaxed him in to it.  Parents were, once again, well-behaved this year so the 1-2 age group was quite low-key and pleasant.  Which makes for happy mommy.  Bean made a killing again.  She is really strategic when it comes to this particular Easter egg hunt.  I have no idea where she gets it from...


That afternoon we met up with S's family to celebrate Easter a day early.  There was a yummy dinner and an egg hunt with all of the cousins.  I think Bean was in heaven!

Uncle W taking an instagram-bound photo of Aunt B and the kiddos.



I LOVE this photo of Aunt B and Boy!





Every once in awhile Easter and General Conference and S's birthday all come at once.  This year was one of those occasions.  That afternoon we left the kids at Grandma's house so S and I could go celebrate his birthday.  We met up with B&W later at a hockey game.  Have I mentioned how therapeutic watching hockey is for me?  That and driving a go-cart.  But that's a different blog post.

Easter Sunday S was scheduled to work in the afternoon.  Since it was conference Sunday as well, we didn't have church, so we were able to have our family egg hunt that morning.  It's just dyed eggs and plastic eggs with a few jelly beans inside, but I love how excited Bean gets.  I hope she never outgrows it.



The Easter bunny had fun with their baskets this year :)


With all of the rain and cold weather that followed in the weeks after, I am so grateful it was such a nice weekend spent with my very favorite people!

No comments: