~
I call Bean our little tornado because she leaves a path of destruction wherever she goes. The following picture shows what I mean:

Her playtime is more like work for her. She is always very intent. And very curious. She doesn't just play with toys. She organizes them in piles. And if she finds a stray puppy in her play box, she will go throughout the house collecting every other puppy toy so that the stray puppy is no longer alone. It's fascinating to watch her think through things. And while her clean-up time is still a little slow compared to her pull everything out time, she is getting better.
~
I received copies of all of the pictures my mom took of Bean last year and had fun organizing them into the rest of my files. It was sort of like watching her grow up all over again.
I love this one. A classic move of my mom's is to pin a towel around her as a makeshift bib. I remember her doing this to me when I was a kid. I think it makes Bean look like a monk.

This is the most recent picture I have of her, taken at her great-aunt's 70th birthday party. I can't believe how much she's changed. Or that she finally grew hair.

~
S starts hazmat school on Monday. Everytime he thinks he is officially done with school he gets another opportunity to go. This course is only 6 weeks long and there is a promotion at the end of it in case he needs motivation. Have I ever mentioned how much he amazes me? He can just sit and study for hours and gets really good grades because of it. I get bored of studying after 10 minutes. If/when I go back to school I am hiring him as my tutor.
1 comment:
I like this post, especially your description of your daughter's playing. And way to go, S!
Post a Comment