Sunday, May 12, 2013

Another Haircut

I told you the sick week post would be brought up again further along in my blogging adventures.  This is one of those times.

So Bean (again) told me that she needed a haircut, so I scheduled an appointment for her and I with my stylist.  The last few times that we have done this, she gets so excited but today she wanted nothing to do with getting her hair cut.  I even told her that the stylist's daughter (who is a few years older than Bean, but with whom Bean has had fun playing with before) wasn't in school that day and that they could play together if she'd like.  Again, her response was no, I don't want to.  And in a very 3-going-on-13 sort of way. 

Luckily I'm still mom and what I say still goes.



She sulked for the better half of her haircut, but at least she sat still and cooperated.  After she was done, she ended up with a very cute, stylish new 'do.




I wish I had the time and patience to fix Bean's hair like this every day.  Most days, fixing her hair means brushing some detangler through it and calling it good.

Anyway, when we were done I said it was time to go home.  Bean looked at me perplexed and started objecting.  Finally, she told me that she wanted to play with her friend.  I made sure it was okay and, just like that: afternoon to myself.  Awesome!  Yes I spied from my parents' house.  Yes I'm sure they did the same thing when I was a kid.  (By the way we get our hair done at the house next to my parents'.)



Well, awesome until I realized a few days later that she was sick and probably contagious (hence the attitude--if you remember she gets ornery when she's getting sick.  You'd think I'd learn...)  I can't bring myself to ask my stylist if our illness made it's way through her family, too.

No comments: