Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tidbits

We went to Thanksgiving Point a few weeks ago with some friends.  The children's gardens there are really neat!  It was the first time I've been, but most definitely not the last.  Though next time I'll remember to bring sunscreen for the kiddos and me.

There was this giant spidery-web looking thing for the kids to climb all over.  I still can't believe that my "terribly-afraid-of-heights-and-falling" daughter monkeyed her way right to the top.



She was even fine coming down until she was ready to jump through a big hole in order to get down.  I had to rescue her a bit, but not because she was kicking and screaming (which is what I had anticipated when she started making her way to the top of the thing.)  The girl is, simply put, unpredictable.

~

S got this awesome dutch oven stand for his birthday.  It just so happens to turn into a barbecue grill and campfire pit.  S had sort of forgotten about it until he was cleaning out the garage.  This prompted an immediate trip to Smith's to buy marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, and charcoal briquettes.






After cleaning her chocolate-and-marshmallow smeared face, we put the Bean to bed, added some wood to the coals until a real fire was going, and stayed up way past our bedtime talking.  It was the perfect evening.

~

I have been baking goodies every week to take in to work: both to fatten up my whole diet-obsessed department and to start using up the extensive amount of baked goods pins I've been saving on Pinterest.  Bean was perplexed that all of these goodies leave her house without her being able to eat them.  So I promised her that I would make some chocolate chip cookies--just for her.  As I was taking a tray out of the oven it slipped, I don't know how, out of my hands and ended up on the floor.  My immediate reaction was: crap.  My second reaction was: I have to take a picture of this and put it on Instagram immediately (today's blog post was an afterthought, in case you were wondering.)

I was sort of making fun of myself to S for my Instagram reaction before even attempting to clean it up.  S laughed but said it made sense since I was home alone and had no one to share it with (the kids were home but napping, gratefully--Boy would have crawled right into that hot gooey mess.)  So, in that case. thank goodness for social media.

And thank goodness the batch made 4 more dozen, unharmed cookes.

1 comment:

Hallcasa22 said...

oh I am so jealous! I want a fire pit ;) that is cool though!