Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bargain and Deer-proof gardening

Do you notice anything different about our house?



How about now? (Hint: it's a red tree.)



S found a STEAL of a deal at the H.D. a few weeks ago on these beautiful Japanese Elms.  Now I'm not an expert or anything, but it seems like these trees are usually pretty expensive because they are so slow growing.  We've always talked about putting one in someday so when S found this beauty for $89 (yup, $89) we jumped on it.

It's funny how something so small can make such a huge difference.

Also, I was at the garden center with my parents and the kiddos to buy plants for my parents garden when Bean found these marigolds and insisted that we get them for our house.  I've always had terrible luck at transplanting marigolds but figured it was only a dollar, so what the heck. 




Not only are they still alive but they are thriving!  And supposedly marigolds are deer resistant.  So I might have to plant some more. 

No comments: