I've heard of corned beef and cabbage but I'd never tried it before. I like Reubens so I figured I'd like this, too. St. Patrick's Day seemed like a good time to try it. I found this recipe for a slow-cooker version. (Side-note: I did buy beer like the recipe called for and I did run into a neighbor at the store while doing so. Oh the irony...)
I decided to make Irish Soda Bread to go with it.
It ended up being a really yummy dinner!
And what is St. Patrick's Day without a Shamrock Shake?
I think this is, perhaps, the most I have ever done for this holiday. The kids seemed to like it, though. Bean was excited to dress up in green for her 'green day' party at school. Boy...well, Boy was just happy to eat mint ice cream.






1 comment:
hahaha that is so my luck! I've been wanting to do a cabbage recipe but haven't yet. We were lame and did nothing. I went on the premise the leprachaun couldn't find us in TX....when in actuality I hadn't planned nor had the energy to come up with something. The kids look super happy though! I'd say you scored on that dinner/dessert! :)
Post a Comment