Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Fever 2014 edition

I feel like every year at about this time I post an entry about how much I love Spring and warm weather.  I know I'm a broken record, but seriously, there is something so gratifying about spending the first day outside after the snow has melted.  This year this day happened...in February! (?)

I also feel bad that so many Americans in the Midwest and east coast such an awful winter because this seriously is going down as one of the mildest winters I can remember.  I didn't have one scary commute in a snowstorm.  That's unheard of!

The last week of February I couldn't stand it anymore and I told the kids to finish up their lunch early: we were walking to get the mail that day.  Our mailbox is a significant distance away and the last time I actually walked to check the mail was, well, a few years ago.  But the weather was just too nice to deny a walk in the warm sunshine.  Bean skipped along beside me as I pushed boy in the stroller.  Boy squinted at the sun.  I think they enjoyed themselves.

We got back home and Bean asked if we could stay outside until quiet time.  I took her slide down and cleaned it off.  She and Boy got busy making up for lost time.




Bean and Boy loved being able to draw chalk art for the first time on our new driveway.  We had it poured last September before the weather turned cold.  Major upgrade from our front porch chalk art!  It's also going to be an awesome basketball court someday!

1 comment:

Hallcasa22 said...

So very jealous!! ;) Your backyard and driveway look great!! (I don't think I saw them last time we were there, and the last time before that you guys weren't finished with it. Yep, been that long!)