July was a busy month for us! We started off the 4th of July weekend by going to one of my favorite places in Utah: Fish Lake. (Pictured below is actually Johnson Reservoir, which is just north of Fish Lake.) Our friends invited us to go up with their families to do some camping and fishing. It is so beautiful up there. It was S's first time going and I was really excited for him to visit the area that I had been to so many times while I was a child.
We found out that the small town of Koosharem, not too far from Fish Lake, was having their 4th of July festivities. We went and watched their parade in the morning. I love small town parades...
I posted this picture on Instagram and, only after someone commented on the hilarious mistake I made did I notice it. I looked at this picture several times before I put it on Instagram and didn't notice anything funny about it... Anyway, I love this old firetruck and volunteer fire departments almost as much as I love small town parades.
Unfortunately the night of the 4th I started getting sick and, unfortunately, I would remain sick the rest of the month. Our second camping trip had actually been cancelled already and, after being so sick, I was really glad. It felt good to just stay home and rest.
The day after we got back from Fish Lake was Boy's second birthday! As I said, I wasn't feeling well that day, but it was kind of nice to just lay on the couch and watch Boy open his presents. After presents were done I watched the Lego Movie with him and Bean. It was actually a pretty great day.
The best present that Boy received by far was his bubble-blowing lawn mower. He and Bean played with it ALL morning..
That night we went over to Gma/Gpa H's for dinner where Boy received his other favorite gift:
So this has been the post-birthday scene at our house:
I would say Bean really lucked out as well!
Towards the end of the month S had a great opportunity to go on a road trip with his dad and brother to see their team (the Pirates) play the Rockies in Denver. I was so happy that he was able to go and I hope they continue this tradition every year. I might be the slightest bit envious, but only because I love going to baseball games.
Our change of plans for the month of July allowed us to make it up to the cabin a few more times than we were planning on. No complaining here! It's sad that our season up there is almost over.
On one of our trips we took the kiddos up to see Provo River Falls. In between falls there is this great little place for the kids to play in shallow (AND COLD!) water.
It wouldn't be July without a few fireworks. After an impromptu barbecue at my in-laws, I broke out sparklers for the kids. It was Boy's first time and, if this was any indication, he is going to be fascinated by fire, just like his daddy.















1 comment:
Cute! Happy Late bday to Boy! :) looks like he got some great presents!!! :) Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment