The weather was absolutely gorgeous early to mid March this year! I love it when this season starts off so well. It makes it easier to handle the occasional snowstorm--it warms up again so quickly!
Narcissus at my mom's. We have yet to find deer-proof plants. It is so depressing...
We took advantage of some awesome days to go outside and play. Bean had her soccer ball and t-ball out already and so we took turns playing with each.
Boy was set up on the lawn with a blanket and toys. The jacket wasn't really necessary, but it was quicker (and easier) than sunblock.
Billy even partially joined us for the afternoon.
S also took advantage of the nice weather to run the chimney for our wood stove up the side of the house. It might have been slightly windy on the day he capped it off. I'm glad I wasn't there to watch.
*sidenote* S has (kindly) been remodeling my Aunt's condo to get it ready to sell, so he hasn't been home much--and the basement has kind of stayed (progress-wise) where it was 2 months ago. But it's been nice for S to have something to do that isn't costing him anything. It's also been nice to pad our savings a little bit.
Anyway, I should have known that another day like this was coming:
But with S's latest project done, we were ready--and eager--to build a fire in our new stove. It was awesome.
You should have seen Boy's response to the flames. Intense! Another firefighter in my future?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Boy- so cute! I love beans pants! She has style! No joke! Love that your stove is ready! And flowers?!? This probably wasn't the best time to read your post on warmth-- just got done watching the news-- it will be 20 tomorrow morn with a high in the 30s. Come on now! I want warmth! I keep thinking: I wish I were in outer banks! Haha
Post a Comment