First of all, a little housekeeping. I love getting comments so much! And I'm not sure what happened, but for the last several weeks when I go to publish a comment, it disappears! The only thing I can think of is that I'm doing it from my phone and this somehow sends the comment into oblivion. So I apologize if it appears that I am ignoring comments--I'm going to just save publication for when I am on the computer!
Anyway.
So I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been so sick for a long time. During this time I discovered that some new treatment I've been doing (which I will likely blog about later) has resulted in my immune system being weakened.
This treatment is likely to continue for the next several months and among all of the thoughts that went through my head was what am I going to do about my nursery calling?
Well, apparently Heavenly Father answers nonverbal prayers because as the next Sunday approached, I found out I was being released. While meeting with a member of our bishopric, he told me that he wasn't sure why but that he just felt like it was time for me to move on from nursery. I then disclosed all that had happened in the last month and told him I felt like it was truly an inspired release!
The few days leading up to being released, I wondered what new position I would be called in to. It wasn't even a subtle feeling: I knew I would be an Activity Days leader. This is a calling I've held twice before, but which I felt like I had never truly magnified to its fullest. So I wasn't surprised at all when I was called to be an Activity Day leader.
I figured out that I have served in nursery for a total of 6 years. I was in nursery with both of my children, and, though we haven't moved in four years, I have served in 3 different wards in that time frame. Needless to say, it was time for a change. Awhile ago I was feeling a little glum that I wasn't given the opportunity to serve elsewhere and I realized that there was probably still something that I needed to learn. It was after this that I truly started thinking about why we have nursery. Sure it is a convenience for parents to be able to attend their own Sunday classes but then I also realized that nursery is really a child's first exposure to Sunday worship and also a time when they are developing independence from their parents. After this I looked on the calling with a bit more appreciation and that I wasn't just 'Stuck' in there. These feelings and realizations all really just developed over the last few months and so, therefore, I am even more convinced that my time serving in that calling was more about my personal development, faith, and testimony--just as it should be. I had finally learned what I needed to and it was time for me to move on.
I'm excited to serve with older girls now. Activity Days has to be one of the funnest callings offered in our church. And it has been so nice going to classes on Sunday with 'big people.' I was nervous about how Boy would react when he realized I was leaving and he was staying, but he's done really, really well! But there is also a part of me that actually misses all of my little friends and the relationships I formed with the other leaders and parents. I am grateful to be able to look forward to new friendships!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said and so true! Activity Days will be fun and you will be a great leader! The girls will love all your creativity! :)
Post a Comment