Even though Bean had to stay in school a month longer than most kids, it really wasn't too bad. Her last big project was a Great Brain Report--written about anything of her choosing. She chose to write hers on Unicorns. Yes. It was awesome.
One of Bean's greatest strengths is that she loves doing her work independently. I hope this continues throughout her school years. For this report, the only thing I did was type up the little 'star' bullet points. She did everything else herself. I was able to go watch her give her report. It was so sweet--she did a great job!
The Kindergarten program was a week before school got out. Bean worked so hard to memorize her lines--and she delivered them clearly with no mistakes. It was a lot of fun to watch all of these little kids (many whom I've gotten to know through the year) show off all of their new knowledge.
School got out for Kindergartner's on July 2nd. It was so unbearably hot--I'm grateful that they chose to have field day inside this year.
Bean and Boy on Bean's last day of school:
I snuck into her class to grab a few pictures of these cute kids. I sincerely love every single one of them!
And of course, Mrs. Titus. We love Mrs. Titus! I've had a great year working with her as the parent representative. She has been such a good teacher for Bean and we are really going to miss her.
Since we are switching to a traditional school year in the fall, there is a chance that Bean won't be able to take the bus anymore (we are technically within walking distance, but the low enrollment this year means that we caught a break.) This breaks my heart for her--she loves the bus and her bus driver is one of the nicest people I've ever met. I made sure I got outside in time to catch Bean running home on her last day of school. Having her bound through the door every afternoon has been one of my favorite things this past year.
She earned her 'Brilliant Bobcat' award and received a pin for Academics and Citizenship. I am so proud of her! She is a smart little cookie, but more than that, she really worked hard to earn this award. She was excited to show it off!








No comments:
Post a Comment